HeadStart 2017 Summer Programme: All Saints, Blakenhall, Parkfields and Ettingshall
Please note that activities are targeted at young people and families who live in this area. Some activities may have limited numbers, so please book places early (where applicable) to avoid disappointment.
All Saints Action Network Summer Activities
Location: The WorkSpace / Southside Sports, All Saints Rd.
Who: 10-16 year olds
When: every weekday from 31st July until 1st September, except Bank Holiday Monday on 28th August
A range of free, positive activities for children and young people:
- Multi sports include Football training on the latest 3G pitches
- Dance classes including street dancing
- Cooking workshops - all ingredients will be supplied
- Drama classes
- Finding out about Headstart in All Saints
Download the programme (PDF) to find out which activities are in which weeks!
Please contact ASAN on 01902 877530 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Summer Positive Participation & HeadStart
Who: Young people aged 10-16 and families
When and where: See flyer for dates and locations.
- Arts and Crafts
- Refreshments and Snacks
- HeadStart Awareness
Open Day on 9th September to include:
- Street Art
- Cake Decorating
Bookings / contact: Email Positivework1@outlook.com or call 01902 552275
Spurgeons Wolverhampton Young Carers Summer Programme
Location: Most activities will take place at The Workspace on All Saints Road
Who: Young carers
- Thursday 27th July - Creative Writing Workshop
- Thursday 3rd August - Art Workshop
- Thursday 10th August - Healthy Minds Workshop
- Thursday 17th August - Swimming and Dance
- Wednesday 23rd to Friday 25th August - Condover Residential
- Saturday 26th August - Fun Day
- Please call 01902 877550
Contact details: Contact details
Aspiring Futures C.I.C. Girls Youth Club
Location: The Old School, 73 Dudley Road, Blakenhall, WV2 3BY
Who: Girls aged 10-16
When / Activities.
- Drop-In Youth Club, Every Saturday from 22nd July until 23rd September, 12pm until 3pm. Drop in club for girls to come along and be free to express themselves. We also offer guidance and support via 1-1 sessions. Making new friends and starting new projects.
- I Am Beautiful Hair and Beauty sessions, every Wednesday between 26th July and 23rd August, 12pm until 2pm. A friendly and engaging time to learn new beauty skills and discuss aspects of your own beauty. Topics from health to self-respect and anything in between.
- Eat Your Art Out Art Sessions, Thursdays between 27th July and 24th August from 12pm until 2pm. Put on a show and dance within our arts and drama get together. Expect the unexpected as we shine a spotlight on your hidden talents! Exploring different cultures and society’s from one another.
- Like Mother, Like Daughter, Thursday August 3rd, August 10th, August 24th between 4.30–6 pm. Our evening meet-ups look at the relationships between women and young girls. From auntie to niece, grandmother to grandchild we will begin to understand what makes this bond sacred.
- Plus a Celebration Event / Day Out, date to be confirmed.
Come join us on our launch event on, Saturday July 22nd 2017, 12 to 3 pm, The Old School, 73 Dudley Road Wolverhampton, WV2 3BY
Contact details: 01902 458770 / 07703 321653 or email email@example.com
Let Us Play (note: this activity is running in all four geographical areas)
Location: Various - see below
Who: Young people with disabilities aged 10-16 years
When / Activities:
- Tuesday 1st August – Multi Sport Day. Westcroft School
- Tuesday 15th August – Sailing and Canoes at Edgebaston Reservoir
- Monday 21st August – Play & Picnic in the Park
- Tuesday 22nd August – Albrighton Moat Fishing & Barbecue
- Wednesday 30th August – Cinema & Cosmo
- Saturday 30th September – Craft Extravaganza
All activities must be pre-booked, preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and an adult must bring and collect the young person from every session unless other arrangements have been made with the Charity Manager.
To access Let Us Play activities they require a registration form to be completed:
Contact details: Outside of office hours in an emergency or during the main summer break, contact Kim on 07979 751893.
Youth Media Skills Workshops
Location: Bilston People's Centre, WV14 0LT
Who: 10-16 year olds
- Friday 28th July 10am - 1pm
- Friday 4th August 10am - 12pm
- Friday 18th August 10am - 12pm
- Saturday 16th September 10am - 12pm
- Friday 30th September 10am - 12pm
Want to learn how to make great videos? Come along to these workshops to make a news programme about youth issues in your area. Learn skills like filming, editing, directing and researching at four fun workshops.
Call Dan on 01902 402273 or email email@example.com