Week 1: Fun Team Building Activities
Drama Activities to improve confidence, self-esteem and emotional wellbeing.
The aim is to develop a group cohesive and promote a healthy positive working environment.
Week 2 – Film Making
Young people are taught the basic skills of Film making:
- Using Filming equipment from High End Cameras to mobile devices
- Cutting and Editing
- Sound Editing
- Film Script writing.
Participants will produce their own short film/HeadStart commercial by the end of the week!
Week 3 – Skills Week
Young people get the chance to work with industry professional practitioners in various areas suggested by them during consultancy
- Circus Skills
- Set and prop creation
Week 4 – Play In A Week
Using all the skills and techniques learned the young people have to device, write and perform a play by the end of the week.
Content will be decided during consultation and co-production with the young people
Week 5 – Energy Control - Transition
Using various drama games, exercises and techniques, the young people will be taught a variety of tools to help them understand and control their emotions.
Participants will also learn how to cope with stressful situations and become braver, stronger, confident and more positive.
The young people will learn about the many factors involved in transitioning from Primary to Secondary school and how to overcome their fears and anxieties.
Out and about!
As well as the above, the 5 week programme will also include the following external activities!
- 2nd August – Play Time. Picnic & Sports In The Park
- 9th August - Woodlands Camp. Canoeing, Archery, Zip Wire And More
- 15th August - It’s A Knockout. Inflatable Obstacle Course
- 28th August - Safe Side Visit Birmingham. Training At A Fire Station
- 30th August - Planet Ice Cannock. Ice Skating Activity