As part of our podcast theme for November of anti-bullying, I spoke last week to Jodie Goodacre. Jodie is one of Time To Change's Young Champions, young people with direct experience of mental health issues who work alongside the Time To Change team to break down the stigma around mental health. Jodie also posts to her own blog at www.justagirlinterrupted.com.
In our conversation, we discuss the impact of bullying upon mental health, the additional challenges resulting from cyberbullying, and how schools can work to support young people.
The podcast was recorded over the internet, so the audio is occasionally 'iffy', but Jodie's insights, borne of direct experience of working with vulnerable young people in the community, are both thoughtful and thought-provoking. We hope you enjoy listening to the show.
- Time To Change
- Jodie's blog - www.justagirinterrupted.com
- National Elf Service - Bullying - articles from the wonderful National Elf Service exploring the impacts of bullying from an academic perspective.
- Childhood bullying and mental illness in young adulthood discusses the relationship between being bullied, and of being a bully, with a young person's mental health (The National Elf Service)
- Podcast: 4YP Radio for Anti-bullying week at The Orchard Centre: in conversation with Kai and Alice
- Podcast: 4YP Radio for Anti-bullying week at The Orchard Centre: Tia and Tommy