In this episode of the HeadStart 4YP podcast we talk to Maddison, a Year 11 student attending The Nightingale Centre in Wolverhampton.
Maddison has experienced a number of traumatic events in her life, including abuse and bullying. In the conversation she discusses the impact these events have had upon her mental health and self esteem, and how she has sometimes coped by self harming and behaving disruptively. Her honesty and self awareness have much to teach us.
Huge thanks to Maddison, and to Mrs. Watson and the team at The Nightingale Centre for facilitating the recording.
HeadStart Wolverhampton does not provide crisis support. If you, or a young person you know, is in need of immediate help and support, please visit the 'Need Help Now?' page on our Support and guidance site for information
on what to do.
Show notes and links below
- The Nightingale Centre, Wolverhampton
- Follow The Nightingale Centre on Twitter
- Anxiety resources on the HeadStart Support and Guidance site
- Self harm resources on the HeadStart Support and Guidance site
- Abuse resources for young people on the HeadStart Support and Guidance site
- No Harm Done (Self Harm) Young people's resource pack (Young Minds) - PDF file
Subscribe to the HeadStart podcast in your podcast app of choice:
- Apple Podcasts - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/podcasts-headstart-wolverhampton/id1064866805?mt=2
- Pocket Casts - http://pca.st/6f4n
- Overcast - https://overcast.fm/itunes1064866805/podcasts-headstart-wolverhampton
- Other - RSS - http://www.headstart.fm/latestpodcasts/?format=rss