➡ Navigate section-by-section (highly recommended for mobile visitors)
What have we learned about stress from
Mental Health Awareness Week 2018?
During Mental Health Awareness Week, HeadStart Wolverhampton organised, lead and supported a wide range of activities around the city in support of the theme for the week of "Stress: Are We Coping?". In the build up to Mental Health Awareness week, and during the week itself, we spoke to young people and adults about their experiences of stress, what causes it for them, and strategies they've developed to try and deal with it.
Here were a few of the activities:
- speaking to visitors to our popup shop in The Mander Centre on 12th May, where we also collected the thoughts of visitors on our "Stress: Are We Coping?" tree.
- recording a series of podcasts at Moreton School with Year 8 and Year 9
- deploying the HeadStart Newshounds into HeadStart -commissioned activities around the city as part of our ongoing programme.
- organising a mindfulness training / awareness session with young people and carers
- posting a range of blog posts from the HeadStart team to the HeadStart blog and curating selected resources onto the HeadStart Support and Guidance site.
So what have we learned from people who've spoken to HeadStart about stress? In the sections below, we'll share a few insights, with relevant video and audio, links and quotes. (If you'd prefer to navigate this information section by section - which is highly recommended for mobile users - please click here).
As always, if you'd like to join the conversation with HeadStart about emotional well-being, resilience and mental health, please follow, share and respond to us @HeadStartFM on Twitter, FaceBook, Instagram or YouTube. Let us know what you think!