HeadStart Wolverhampton would like to wish all you all a very Happy New Year for 2017. This year is going to be a very exciting one for us at HeadStart:
- the opening of our first HeadStart 'hubs' around the city, with dedicated teams in place to support the mission of HeadStart, to work alongside targeted young people, and to collaborate with community groups, schools, and health services.
- the launch of an all-new PSHE curriculum, based upon the principles of Sumo (Stop, Understand. Move On)
- a range of digital work, including the Getting Ahead programme lead by Wolverhampton's Learning Technologies Team
- the launch of new young person groups for co-production and key decision-making
- commissioning of phase 3 voluntary sector projects to support young people
- the development of a new HeadStart portal, curating newly created media from around Wolverhampton (video, audio, podcasts, and animation) , the best content from around the web, and information about voluntary sector organisations who can support young people with varied mental health and well-being needs.
... and much, much more!
We all, young and old alike, need to take care of our mental well-being, building our resilience to the difficulties, challenges, and sometimes the tragedies, that life can bring. Let's make 2017 a great year for the young people in our city. If you're not already doing so, please follow HeadStart on all of our social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, and encourage the young people in your life to do the same.