Important update (10/01/18):
All places for the afternoon session have now been booked. Places are still available for the evening session at 5:30pm. Book here.
HeadStart is delighted to invite Wolverhampton voluntary sector staff and volunteers, parents, and partner agencies (local authority, police, fire service, social housing, employment providers, NHS / CCG) to a free SUMO training event. Spaces are limited so please book early.
Ed Hollamby from SUMO will be delivering two 'Introduction to SUMO' sessions on Thursday 18th January 2018 at 1.30pm, and 5.30pm, at the Molineux Stadium.
Two sessions are available in order to be accessible to as many people as possible working in our communities.
What is SUMO?
SUMO is a practical approach in dealing with change, developing resilience, increasing engagement, inspiring others and building better relationships.
How can SUMO help in your organisation / community?
SUMO has been used extensively around the world by equipping people with the insights, inspiration and practical tools to achieve better results in life while having fun in the process.
It’s an acronym that, depending on the context, can stand for ‘Shup Up, Move on’ or ‘Stop, Understand, Move On'. Interestingly, in Latin, SUMO can mean ‘to choose and at the heart of it is a desire to help people make wise and better choices – not only in their professional lives but personal too.
Across our HeadStart areas, teachers and children in our Headstart schools are receiving SUMO training. In order to raise more resilient young people we want to also provide this training to parents and organisations working in our four target areas.
What to expect from the training:
- Ed will be providing an overview of the principles of SUMO and how this can be used in a community context.
- Following the training Headstart will be working on an ongoing basis with any organisations interested in using SUMO in their service delivery.
- Voluntary and community groups who work with children / young people (10 – 16 years) / parents from HeadStart Wolverhampton areas.
- Partner agencies involved in HeadStart Wolverhampton areas (Local authority, Police, Fire Service, Social Housing, Employment Providers, NHS / CCG colleagues etc)
- Parent Champions / Parent Governors / Parents from Wolverhampton
For more information on SUMO please visit www.thesumoguy.com
Book your place online
To attend the training, you must book your places online. Two sessions are available to book:
- Afternoon Session 1.30pm – 4pm (ALL PLACES NOW TAKEN)
- Evening Session 5.30pm – 8pm
Please forward this on to anyone you think may be interested. We look forward to seeing you there!