HeadStart is pleased to announce that the HeadStart Summer Programme, which has been co-designed by community organisations working alongside our HeadStart Community Coordinators, has now been agreed for each of the four target geographic areas in the city:
- Low Hill, Scotlands and Bushbury South
- Heath Town, Park Village, Eastfield, Springfield and Old Heath
- Bilston East
- All Saints, Blakenhall, Parkfields and Ettingshall
The summer programme will be unique to each area to reflect the expertise of local partner organisations and differences in local demographics.
Most activities will begin as soon as the school summer term ends in the city during the week commencing 24th July, with activities being based around three themes:
- Place to Go: activities for young people in their locality, including drama and performance, outdoor activities and sport, and activities for young people with disabilities. Where appropriate, these activities will make full use of local green spaces.
- HeadStart Newshounds: digital, journalism, and media activities for young people, capturing the experiences and challenges of young people and families living in their area, and sharing these to influence decision-making and future programme development.
- Work with Parents: for example, media and IT skills for parents, community garden, grow cook and learn.
A full programme, and details of how young people can get involved, will be posted online soon. Details will also be available from our four Community Development Coordinators. Watch this space!