Update (April 11th, 2017): All places for the conference have now been booked - many thanks to everyone who has booked a place. There was huge demand for places; apologies to anyone who wanted to attend who was unable to do so.
We are now also delighted to confirm the following additions to the programme:
- David Gregory, UK Education Consultant for LEGO UK will be delivering a keynote presentation.
- Time To Change (www.time-to-change.org.uk) will be leading workshop sessions sharing information and ideas from their wonderful nationwide programmes.
You can follow the conference on Twitter using the hashtag #hsconf17, so if you were unable to attend, or just want to follow along with the conversation, join us online from 9am on the 27th April.
HeadStart are delighted to invite professionals and partners from the health, education, welfare, police and voluntary sectors to attend the free HeadStart Spring Conference on 27th April at Wolverhampton Science Park.
Confirmed keynote speakers and workshop leaders for the event are:
- Jackie Beere, author, speaker and consultant. Jackie's books include Grow: Change your Mindset, Change Your Life, and The Perfect (Ofsted) Lesson. For more on Jackie, visit her website at www.jackiebeere.com.
- Dr. Margot Sunderland, author, speaker, and the Director of Education and Training at The Centre for Child Mental Health in London. Margot's books include Conversations That Matter: Talking with Children and Teenagers in Ways That Help and What Every Parent Needs to Know. For more on Margot, visit her website at www.margotsunderland.org.
- Ken Corish, Online Safety Manager for South-West Grid For Learning (www.swgfl.org). Ken is one of the country's leading authorities on internet safety and digital literacy, and on the effects of digital technologies on the mental well-being of young people.
Further speakers and workshop leaders will be confirmed soon. The event will also give attendees the chance to engage directly with the HeadStart team, and to find out about the opportunities and programmes available to organisations and young people in our city.
The event will run from 9am until 3pm, with registration from 8:15am. The event is free of charge to all delegates, including lunch and refreshments.