The Aspiring Futures C.I.C. Girls Youth Club hair and beauty sessions have been enlightening and educational. With many different girls and women walking the planet we aimed to find common interests and skills that many of them possess. Then breaking down the positives and negatives young girls hear or are told on a daily basis formed a good rounded conversation.
Positive affirmations included:
- I will not be afraid to discover new things
- Be confident around others
- Never give up and always stand up for myself
Positive words expressed were:
- Pretty, Beautiful, Cute, Bold, Kind
Withe negative words such as:
- Loner, Smelly, Annoying, Ugly
This was followed by hair and beauty skills with nail art, hair styles and make-up tutorials.
The Girls Youth Club is part of the HeadStart Summer Programme for All Saints, Blakenhall, Parkfields and Ettingshall - see here for details of this and other activities.