Useful Resources - Work with Young People in Schools
The following downloads and links are part of the Operational Guide for Working with Young People in Schools. They are all for contracted providers to use as part of evaluation requirements. They can be downloaded and used as part of your intervention/activity delivery.
HeadStart Phase 3 Overview
Intervention and activity programmes
- What is it? Template for Intervention Description and Replication – this will tell us what your activity is meant to do, how, where, when and how often.
- When do you do it? From now, up until the start of your activity.
- How do you do it? Online survey, at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HSWTIDieR
Value for money evaluation
- What is it? Full costs for the design and delivery of your intervention/activity including staffing and non-staffing.
- When do you do it? Return to HeadStart by the end of your intervention/activity.
- How do you do it? Excel spreadsheet (provided)
Session attendance registers
- What is it? A record of all the young people that have taken part in each session of your interventions.
- When do you do it? Complete all elements of the register at the start of each session.
- How do you do it? Paper copies are available, electronic copies are available in word and excel. All registers need to be kept safe and secure in line with data protection.
*There must be one register for each individual group of young people and each individual intervention / activity. If the activity is made up of several sessions with the same group of young people, you should use one register and record their attendance at each session.
End of intervention / activity register
- What is it? - A summary of attendance including number of young people that attended, how many sessions they attended and what the reason was for not completing the intervention.
- When you do it? - At the end of the intervention.
- How you do it? - Paper copies are available, electronic copies are available in word and excel. All registers need to be kept safe and secure in line with data protection.
Data Collection Procedure
For all documents that include sensitive information about young people, please follow this Data Collection Procedural statement.
Quality assurance evaluation
- What is it? End evaluation that all participants need to complete.
- When do you do it? End of activity, to review behaviour changes as a result of the intervention and the quality of the intervention.
- How do you do it? This is an online survey; paper copies are also available.
The framework is available in two versions (see below). Providers should choose the version relevant for their own intervention/activity:
- The Short Quality Assurance Evaluation Framework: Questions A - B: Use this version if your intervention/activity runs for one full day or less.
- The Full Quality Assurance Evaluation Framework: Questions A - E: Use this version if your intervention/activity runs over more than one full day.