Useful Resources - Work with Young People in the Community
The following downloads and links are part of the Operational Guide for Working with Young People in the Community. They are all for contracted providers to use as part of evaluation requirements. They can be downloaded and used as part of your intervention/activity delivery.
HeadStart Phase 3 Overview
Intervention and activity programmes
Intervention and activity programmes (Word file)
- What is it? Template for Intervention Description and Replication – this will tell us what your activity is meant to do, how, where, when and how often.
- When do you do it? From now, up until the start of your activity.
- How do you do it? Online survey, at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HSWTIDieR
Value for money evaluation
- What is it? Full costs for design and delivery of your intervention/activity including staffing and non-staffing.
- When do it? Return to HeadStart by the end of your intervention/activity.
- How do you do it? Excel spreadsheet (provided).
- What is it? Consent form aimed at parents/care givers to give permission for their children to A) take part in the evaluation and B) take part in the sharing of information.
- When do you do it? Consent needs to be in place by the first or second session of your intervention, or ideally, in advance of the first session during recruitment of the young people.
- How do you do it? Consent form, template provided - paper copies need to be distributed, signed and returned to the HeadStart team. All consent needs to be kept safe and secure in line with data protection. Note that this form must not be edited, as it is has been ethically approved by the evaluation providers at the University of Wolverhampton. If your parents have any questions about the form, please get in touch with a Community Development Coordinator or the HeadStart Programme team.
Session attendance registers
- What is it? A record of all the young people that have taken part in each session of your interventions.
- When do you do it? At the start of every session ensuring that all elements of the register are completed.
- How do you do it? Paper copies are available, electronic copies are available in word and excel. All registers need to be kept safe and secure in line with data protection.
*There must be one register for each individual group of young people and each individual intervention / activity. If the activity is made up of several sessions with the same group of young people, you should use one register and record their attendance at each session.
End of intervention / activity register
- What is it? - A summary of attendance including number of young people that attended, how many sessions they attended and what the reason was for not completing the intervention.
- When you do it? - At the end of the intervention.
- How you do it? - Paper copies are available, electronic copies are available in word and excel. All registers need to be kept safe and secure in line with data protection.
Data Collection Procedure
For all documents that include sensitive information about young people, please follow this Data Collection Procedural statement.
Quality Assurance Evaluation
- What is it? End evaluation that all participants need to complete.
- When do you do it? End of activity, to review behaviour changes as a result of the intervention and the quality of the intervention.
- How you do it? This is an online survey, paper copies are also available. * You must ensure that all participants know the name of the intervention they are taking part in so what we can identify what they have done, where and when.
*You must ensure that all participants know the name of the activity they are taking part in so that we can identify what they have done, where and when.
The framework is available in two versions (see below). Providers should choose the version relevant for their own intervention/activity:
- The Short Quality Assurance Evaluation Framework: Questions A - B: Use this version if your intervention/activity runs for one full day or less.
- The Full Quality Assurance Evaluation Framework: Questions A - E: Use this version if your intervention/activity runs over more than one full day.